ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Waiting

Monday was the official beginning of my maternity leave. With work out of the way, I am definitely ready to have this baby! There's not much left to do around the house other than tidy up a bit. I've managed to keep myself busy over the last couple of days though.

I don't want to get my hopes up, but I'm sort of feeling like we might have this baby tonight or at least within the next couple of days. I started having contractions last night after going to bed. They weren't regular but as the night went on they became more regular and I've been getting them every 10 to 20 minutes. I've also had some of the other labor symptoms they talk about (i.e. 'the show'). Everything I've read though indicates it still could be days after this. I sure hope not! These contractions are already pretty painful. It feels like really bad cramps and it's mostly in my lower back. They aren't lasting for very long at this point though so I still just have to wait it out.

Tomorrow is me and Brian's 4 year anniversary. So since Alexa might decide to come tonight or tomorrow, we're going out for dinner tonight. It might be our last night out for a long time! I just hope I can make it through dinner with these contractions!

2 comments:

  1. OMG you nailed it!!!! Can you guess my due date as well, lol! CONGRATS on baby Alexa...for your sake I'm sooo glad she decided to come early! I can't wait to meet her!!!

    ReplyDelete