Lexi is officially a toddler...well, at least according to daycare :-) On Monday she was moved up to the toddler room. They've been transitioning her over the past month or so but now she'll be in the toddler room full-time. The room is for kids between 15 and 24 months so there's not a huge age gap but I still feel like it means she's growing up so fast! I think it will be good for her to be with the big kids though. Hopefully she'll learn to say more words from being around the older kids. She seems to be adjusting well so far.
Today was her 15 month check-up. Here are her stats:
Weight: 23lbs 2oz (50%)
Height: 30 3/4 inches (50%)
Head: 18 1/2 inches (75%)
As usual, her head is unproportionately large! I can only assume it's because she has her Mommy's brains!
The doctor asked me today how I would describe Lexi's personality. It got me thinking and I came up with how I would describe her personality so far:
Diva - I don't know how else to describe it...sometimes she is such a diva! She's pretty high maintenance for a 1 year old.
Independent - Kind of goes along with being a diva, but she is certainly one independent little girl. She gets so frustrated when she can't do something on her own and you can just tell how much it bothers her to have to finally have Brian and I help her!
Stubborn - Lexi won't do anything unless it's on her own terms. As an example, she knows exactly where her head, belly, nose, eyes, and ears are. But if you ask her to show you, she won't...unless of course she feels like it.
Shy/Serious - Lexi is definitely takes awhile to warm up to people (just like her Mommy!). Most babies smile when someone smiles at them. Lexi just gives them a blank stare! I think it's because she's really analyzing them before she decides whether she wants to be nice to them.
Funny/Silly - I swear other babies can't possibly be as funny as Lexi is :-) She makes us laugh everyday. She also laughs at the silliest things, like Daddy scaring her or Mommy making funny faces.


Robin - I know what you mean about being so shy/serious! Carson is exactly the same way. I feel bad sometimes when he doesn't smile back at people. But he likes to soak it all in first and see if they really deserve that smile. They're so funny! :-)
ReplyDeleteWe need some toddler pictures! I need to see some smiles since I am one of those people Lexi isn't so sure she likes :)
ReplyDeleteI love the Lexi list, haha! Landon falls into some of those same categories. :)
ReplyDelete