ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Getting the great news!


November 4, 2008: It was Tuesday, November 4th, Election Day, when we got the news. The night before, Brian was out of town for work and I had this strange feeling that I might be pregnant...well, mostly it was the fact that my boobs hurt like they never had before! I had taken a test three days before that came back negative, but I thought, what the heck, I'll try another one. All I had on hand was one of the tests that shows one line for not pregnant and two lines for pregnant. So I took it, waited, and couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the results. It appeared there were two lines, although the second line was extremely faint. Not good enough for me to believe. I decided I'd take another one in the morning when the HCG level is supposed to be higher. The next morning I tried again and same result. Two lines, but the second was faint. Still not good enough for me to believe so I decided I'd get a digital test and take it at lunch. I came home for lunch and took the first digital one. I waited for what felt like an eternity to get the results (it was probably more like one minute!). "Pregnant" is what it said. I guess there was no disputing that result! I had to restrain myself from shrieking and dancing around and since Brian wasn't there I celebrated with Oscar and told him he'd be getting a little brother or sister. Oh, and just to make sure, I took the second digital one before heading back to work :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment