Wednesday, May 27, 2009
33 Weeks
One more week down, 7 more to go. I had a sonogram yesterday and appointment with the doctor today. In the sonogram I was able to see Alexa and how she's positioned. I was pretty sure and the sonogram confirmed that she is head down and her butt is on the right side of my stomach with her legs on the left side. I knew this because my belly feels lopsided. I guess she takes after Mommy because her butt feels pretty big! One interesting thing from the sonogram is that the nurse said it looks like she's got a head full of hair. I guess somehow they can tell this! If only they could tell us the color! She weighs 3lbs 14oz right now and when I met with the doctor today she said that she's actually measuring a little small. They like babies to be in the 50th percentile, but Alexa's only in the 37th percentile, meaning 63% of babies measure larger than her at this stage. The doctor said not to worry for now and they will do another sonogram in 3 weeks to determine if she's made any growth progress. If she hasn't then they will be more concerned, but I'm not going to dwell on the what-ifs. If anything, she might just be a little baby, which hopefully means an easier delivery! I just can't believe we only have 48 more days until we meet our little girl. I haven't really reached the nervous stage yet, just pure excitement for now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I can't wait to see all that hair!;-)
ReplyDeleteYou were so right when you said the other night that your stomach was lopsided! I wouldn't worry about the weight either, I'm sure everything is just fine! IT is hard to believe you are so close...I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to meet her!!!
ReplyDeleteyou're getting close!! ;)
ReplyDeleteAww....that is cute...at least you know she won't be bald when she is born;) I am so excited to finally meet her...she is going to be adorable!!! I am taking a shot in the dark and guessing she is going to have beautiful dark hair like her mother;) We need to get together soon...lunch or dinner in the next couple weeks?
ReplyDelete