Making the move to the crib
We decided about a week ago to move her into her crib in her room. She had been sleeping in the bassinet in our room and when we first tried to move her to her crib she hated it and refused to sleep in it. We decided to let her cry it out in her crib for a little bit and it worked! She ended up sleeping from 9:30pm to 3am in her crib that night!
White Noise
Up until Wednesday she had been waking up about every 3 hours during the night but then after I'd feed her she'd go right back to sleep. Although it's not fun to get up in the middle of the night I didn't have to stay up that long with her. Unfortunately on Wednesday she decided to stay up for 3 hours during the middle of the night. I was exhausted and tried everything to get her to go back to sleep. Then the same thing happened Thursday night. My Mom suggested I try playing some white noise in her room. So I downloaded an album from iTunes that has the sound of a vacuum cleaner, dishwasher, running water, and other noises like that. On Friday night I played the vacuum cleaner track on repeat and she slept 8 hours! I couldn't believe it! In fact, I actually woke up after she had been sleeping for 6 hours and had to go in there and feel her head to make sure she was still alive! Since Friday we've been using the white noise (mostly the vacuum cleaner and dishwasher sound) everytime we put her to bed. She sleeps for at least 5 hours now! It's amazing! I'm praying this will continue :-)

Chunking Out
Another big change that's happened the last couple of weeks is how much she's grown! Her cheeks are getting so chubby and she no longer has a chin (see image). Her legs, arms, and belly are starting to fill out too. She's definitely getting plenty to eat :-) I have a feeling she's going to be a chubby baby like her mama!
Carseat drama
For the past week and a half or so she has decided that she no longer likes her carseat. This means everytime we get in the car she screams her head off! I'm really hoping this is just a phase, otherwise it's going to make for some very long car rides and lots and lots of Tylenol!


No comments:
Post a Comment