ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 20, 2009

2 1/2 Month Update

Alexa is 2 1/2 months old now and each day is getting more and more fun to spend time with her. She is so much more alert now and hardly fusses at all unless she's sleepy. We are making so much progress with sleeping too! Prior to Friday she was still waking up around 2:30am every night. I was beginning to lose hope that she'd sleep through the night by 12 weeks as my book had indicated. One thing I remembered reading in the book though is that she should be taking in about 24 oz of food in a day, which means in order for her to go without a nighttime feeding she needs to be eating about 6 oz at each daytime feeding (4 times a day). I was pretty certain she wasn't getting anywhere near this much when I nurse her, not because I'm not producing enough, but because she gets lazy and stops nursing after she feels a little full. So on Friday I decided I would start pumping and giving her bottles so I can monitor exactly how much she's eating. I basically had to force her to take down 4 1/2 oz at each feeding on Friday because she would keep stopping. But ultimately I think it paid off because she ended up sleeping 8 1/2 hours on Friday night (8pm to 4:30am). I did the same thing yesterday but gave her 5 oz with each bottle and she slept 11 hours!! I'm planning to continue bottle feeding her so I can monitor her food intake and hopefully she'll continue to sleep through the night! Unfortunately I haven't been able to get that much sleep even though she's sleeping. This is mostly because I keep waking up throughout the night thinking she's going to wake up. I'm sure I will get over this eventually and finally get some sleep!


Pumpkin Festival
On Wednesday night, Alexa went to the Morton Pumpkin Festival with me, Grandma, and Aunt Nikki. We had a lot of fun but I didn't realize how chilly it would be! I dressed her in a cute summer outfit and when we got there and realized how cold it was I ended up having to buy her a t-shirt to wrap her up in to keep her warm!



Fun night with friends and the kiddos!
On Friday night we went to our friends Jolene and Brett's house. All of the rest of our friends with their babies were there too. There's 2 other little girls, Johannah (6 months), Avery (1), and one little boy, Hayden (1). We tried to get a picture of all of them but it wasn't quite working out! That night we ended up putting Alexa to bed in her pack and play in their living room because her bedtime is at 7:30pm. She fell asleep right away and stayed asleep even through the girls talking, motorcycles, trains, and beer bottles dropping! She didn't even wake up when we put her in her carseat to go home and ended up sleeping all the way to 4:30am that night once we got home!


Pouty Face
Recently Alexa has started making a pouty face. It is seriously the best pout I've ever seen! Sometimes it leads to a cry but a lot of times she'll actually start to smile after she does the pouty lip. She probably smiles because everytime she makes the face I am laughing so hard! I can't help it, it's just too cute!

2 comments:

  1. i'm so glad our kids can grow up together! can't wait until they can actually interact with each other! love alexa's pouty face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Alexa's pouty face...too cute! Glad she's sleeping so well for you guys and I love reading about all of your "tips" too, so keep them coming!!! Lets get together soon!

    ReplyDelete