Thursday, September 10, 2009
2 Month Well Baby
Just a quick note about Alexa's 2 month well-baby. She weighed in at 11lbs 2oz and measured 22 1/2 inches long. The doc said she was around the 50th percentile for all measurements. She also had her 2 month vaccinations today. I hate needles so Brian held her arms while the nurse gave her three shots, two in one thigh and one in the other thigh, and one oral vaccination. After the first shot, Alexa's face turned bright red and she started screaming crying. It was so sad and I cried too :-( By the time we got out to the car though she had stopped crying and fell asleep. The nurse said to give her some Tylenol. Well I made the mistake of not picking some up right away. Instead, I went home and put Alexa down for her nap and then after her nap we went to pick up the Tylenol. This turned out to be a huge mistake! By the time we got home from the store the pain had started to settle in and she was really crying! It took almost 2 hours for that damn Tylenol to kick in. She seems to be better now. We'll see how the night goes! One piece of advice I have though is to make sure you have the Tylenol on hand! I learn something new every day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment