First Flu
About 3 weeks ago Lexi got her first stomach flu. Somehow she avoided getting this last year...I guess because she had every other illness possible! Luckily it wasn't that bad at all. It started when she got home from daycare, when she first threw up on Brian. Then about an hour later she threw up on me. I think there was at least another one or two times before she went to bed. I slept in her room that night and I never heard her get sick but the next morning when she woke up her white bear was covered in puke (gross I know!). But that was the end of it...it didn't even last 24 hours. Unfortunately daycare wouldn't let her back even though she was fine. So we had a Mommy/Daughter day :-)
Second Pumpkin Festival
Lexi went to the Pumpkin Festival for the second time. This year she got to enjoy the pumpkin ice cream and pumpkin pancakes! Both of which she loved! Here's some pics of her running around at the Festival.
Second Flu
Yep, that's right. Within a month's span, Lexi managed to get both types of the stomach flu. First was the vomit, then 2 or 3 weeks later she got the 'other kind'. I definitely think I can deal with the vomit better, plus it only lasted less than a day. The second time it lasted a week. Once again, Lexi was acting perfectly normal and had no temp but daycare sent her home. Luckily Brian's parents were able to watch her for the day so I didn't have to miss work again.
Body Parts, Words, and Signing
Lexi is getting a little better each day with learning words and different body parts. They work with her at daycare and we do at home as well. She knows where her belly and head are. She might know more body parts, but she's just too stubborn to show us :-) She can also sign 'more', 'please', and 'milk'...although I'm not really sure she knows what she's saying! She has started to try to repeat words we say. For example, she tries to say Oscar, all done, uh-oh, and dog. The only one she's really good at saying is dog. She is jabbering all the time even though we can't make out any of what she's saying!
Feeding herself
Lexi has now started feeding herself using her utensils. She is nowhere near proficient at it and still makes a huge mess, but she's getting there. I don't really mind the mess because it gives me a chance to eat :-)
First Allergic Reaction
I swear Lexi (and Mommy and Daddy) can't catch a break lately! This morning Lexi woke up with HUGE welts all over her body,face, arms, legs, belly, butt...you get the picture. She looks like she has mosquito bites all over her! Apparently she had an allergic reaction to something, but we have no idea what because she didn't eat anything new. We ended up taking her to urgent care because her feet were all swollen too. The doc prescribed some medicine so hopefully it will go away soon. We got a note from the doctor saying it was non-infectious just in case daycare tries to turn her away again :-) Here's a couple pics of what the welts looks like.
Wow...it's funny how the majority of updates from this past month are illness related! I am so not looking forward to this winter and the illnesses that are to come. I remember how hard it was last winter and I'm really really dreading it. I feel like she's already been so sick lately and I've missed a lot of work because of it. I don't know how other working moms do it! It's like you feel guilty if you can't be at home with your baby but then you feel guilty if you are because you're missing work. It's a lose lose situation I think! I can only hope that since Lexi has already gotten so many illnesses already she will escape anymore this winter!


AWW! Hang in there Lexi. Mommy and daddy, you guys hang in there too. Maybe the string of illnesses now are to keep her from getting them this winter! Love the pictures from the Pumpkin Festival. Wish we could've been there. Next year we will make it for sure. Miss you guys!
ReplyDelete