ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 17, 2011

February

New House - In late fall we decided to put our house on the market.  We’d lived there for a little over five years and with Brian working from home and knowing that we wanted to expand our family we had quickly outgrown the three bedrooms.  I was naïve in thinking that it would be a quick process.  We had a lot of interest at first, which was great, but that also meant keeping the house spic and span, which is extremely difficult with a one year old and a dog.  Then as the holidays approached the activity slowed and came to a virtual stop around December.  We had given up hope at that point thinking it would be spring before we got any good offers.  Then all of the sudden early January activity picked up again and we accepted an offer.  Most people would be worried accepting an offer, which would require them to move in 4 weeks without having picked out a new home to live in.  Luckily for us, we had looked at a few houses already (online at least) and had a pretty good idea of the location we wanted, which was Morton.  There were several reasons for moving to Morton including that Brian’s parents live there (babysitters!), easy access to the highway (for Brian’s job), and closer to Bloomington where a lot of our friends/family are.  Another reason I wasn’t too worried about finding another house is that I’m pretty decisive.  So within a week of us accepting an offer on our old house we had picked out and made an offer on a new house in Morton…oh did I mention it was 4 houses down from Brian’s parents!  The 4 weeks to moving date flew by and before we knew it we were moving out and into our new house (February 21st).  I am so in love with our new house!  We have so much room but I’m mostly excited about the kitchen.  I have working space and every appliance has its own spot! Brian would probably say the basement is his favorite thing about the house. 





New Bed – Against the advice of some of my friends I decided I would go ahead and move Alexa into a big girl (toddler) bed when we made the move.  I realized it would be a lot of change for her but the daycare had informed me that she was already using a cot so I figured why not give it a try.  I had ordered a bed and had it all assembled for her and ready to go the first night she stayed in the new house.  We had the crib ready to go too just in case!  But it turned out we didn’t need it.  Surprisingly she did great.  We did her normal bedtime routine and I put her in the bed without a fuss or trying to break out.  She slept the whole night through but did wake up a little earlier the next day by walking into our room.  Since then she’s had a couple of nights where she’s woken up but for the most part she’s been adjusting quite well.  She of course takes advantage of her new found freedom and wanders into Mommy and Daddy’s room first thing in the morning, but it’s actually a really cute site to wake up to.  She always has Mr. Bear or Sid (the monkey) in tow and it’s so funny to hear and watch her open our bedroom door.  Hopefully we won’t need to go back to the crib since we’ll be needing it in a few months.  


No comments:

Post a Comment