ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 17, 2011

January

January 9th Sunday – For the few days preceding Sunday I had an intuition that I might be pregnant.  I didn’t want to get my hopes up though since we had been trying for a few months and if you’ve ever taken a pregnancy test hoping it to be positive only to get a negative result, you know how disappointing that feeling is.  This time I was pretty sure though.  The telltale sign for me was that my boobs hurt.  Same reason I had a suspicion last time.  I decided I’d take a test Sunday morning, since the HCG level is supposed to be at its peak in the morning.  If it was positive I wanted to surprise Brian.  I had a stock of pregnancy tests so luckily I didn’t have to make a special trip to the store.  I got up and first thing I took the test.  I waited two or three minutes and I could see the second line appear, though faintly.  Yay!  I thought.  But I was wishing I had a digital test on hand to tell me for certain.  I’d have to get one later, but in the meantime I couldn’t keep the surprise from Brian.  I sent him off to make breakfast while I dressed Lexi upstairs in a personalized Big Sister shirt I had ordered for her a couple months back.  We came downstairs and into the kitchen with Lexi dressed in her shirt and holding the pee stick.  If it weren’t for the pee stick Brian probably wouldn’t have caught on.  In fact, I think he had to take it out of Lexi’s hand to see what it was (he thought it was a thermometer).  Brian’s not much for showing emotions but he seemed to be happy.  Unfortunately Lexi’s too little to have any idea what’s going on but we used her to make the announcement to the rest of our family and friends.  Later that day I took two more digital tests, both showing “Pregnant”. 

18 month stats – Alexa went in for her 18 month check up on January 10th.  No shots this time, so it was pretty easy.  Here are her 18 month stats:

Height:  31 3/4 inches (50%)
Weight:  24 lbs (50%)
Head: 18 1/2 (55%)

No comments:

Post a Comment