I'm behind on my updates, I know!
Eating
Keaton must be going through a growth spurt because he is an eating machine! The doctor okayed us to start baby food at his 4 month check-up because he seemed so hungry. He's been doing great with it! He's up to 8oz bottles 4 times a day and one container of baby food at lunch time and one container of baby food at dinner time. I can't believe how much he eats. He LOVES baby food though. So far he's had squash, carrots, sweet potatoes, bananas, apples, and peas. He did not like peas at all! Lexi was the same way though and she loves peas now, so I'm not going to force it. I think his favorite is probably squash.
Sleeping
He's been doing much better with sleeping ever since he's been on baby food. He hasn't really woken up in the middle of the night and in the morning he usually wakes up around 6am or 6:15am and will just hang out chewing on his hand in his crib until it's time to get up (usually around 6:45am on weekdays). We've started giving him his Ted Bear and he loves to snuggle it. He usually buries his head and wraps his arm around him. Too cute!
Interaction
Each day he gets stronger and stronger and is able to do more things. He likes to hang out in the jumper for a little bit and he's even started kind of jumping in it. He loves playing with the little toys on it too. I've been sitting him up a lot too and giving him just a little support. I think Lexi was around 5 1/2 months when she was able to somewhat sit up on her own and I think Keaton is well on his way! He's becoming much more aware of his surroundings too. He can spot me across the room and will sometimes just stare at Lexi while I'm feeding him his bottle. He giggles a lot and smiles all the time. I definitely think he's going to be a little sweetheart!
Second Illness
Saturday we noticed Keaton had a little cough. It's actually not little, but a pretty deep cough. His voice is really raspy too. I feel so bad for him! He didn't sleep very well last night, but I'm hoping tonight will go better. I wish I could make him feel better!
Lexi Update
Lexi has been cracking us up with her phrases as usual! She talks so well now, it's just crazy how fast she's grown up. She's been my little buddy lately and hasn't been a big fan of Brian for some reason! She goes back and forth between who's her favorite though, so I'm sure next week I'll be on her black list! Here's a few of my favorite sayings from the last couple of weeks:
"Scoot" - She wanted Oscar to move, so she told him to scoot.
"Nuffing" - When I ask Lexi what she's doing, sometimes she responds "Nuffing."
"Look what Oscar's doing" - She's already a little tattle tale!
"Just calm down Oscar"
"Seriously" - The other night I was telling her not to do something and she looks straight at me and says "Seriously Robin." Then today she did the same thing to Brian by saying "Seriously Daddy."
"No, I don't think so"
"My big boy" - She repeats everything I do and say to Keaton, so last night she was petting Oscar and said "That's my big boy Oscar."
Pics:


No comments:
Post a Comment