ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Week 16 & 17


Well the last two weeks have brought a few more firsts for both Lexi and Keaton.  I'll start with Keaton:

First New Year's:  Our NYE and New Year's day were pretty uneventful, but still it was a first for Keaton :-)

First Baby Food:  The last week or two Keaton had been waking up every night sometime around 3:30am or 4:30am.  At first I thought maybe it was because he wasn't feeling well, but then I thought maybe it was because he was hungry because I noticed he would suck down his morning bottle.  So I started giving him 8oz bottles in the morning and at bedtime (still 6oz bottles during the day).  He sucked those down pretty easily and at nighttime he would act like he could eat even more!  Upping his formula intake seemed to help a little with the sleeping, where he was still waking up but it wasn't as difficult to get him back to sleep.  But it seemed like he still wasn't completely full.  We had his 4 month check-up on Friday and I told the pediatrician all this and she recommended going ahead and starting him on baby food.  We didn't start Lexi on baby food until she was 6 months old, but we never really had a problem with her being overly hungry either.  So Friday night he got his first taste of baby food and we chose to go with squash, also the same thing we started Lexi on.  He ate it pretty good, but he's still trying to figure out the whole eating off a spoon thing so I think it's going to take a little bit of time.  He's still waking up in the middle of the night but each night it pushes back an hour or so.  This morning he didn't wake up until 5:15am and then went back to sleep after replacing his paci a couple of times.  Hopefully tomorrow he'll make it until at least 6:15am!

First Ted Bear:  Lexi has a white teddy bear that Brian got for her from Pottery Barn and she's had it since she was really little.  She loves that thing and whenever she's sad or gets hurt she calls out for "Ted Bear."  He's been her snuggle bud for at least the last two years.  We couldn't find the same bear at PB for Keaton, but Brian's parents found a similar brown one.  We just started giving it to Keaton a couple of nights ago to snuggle at night and he seems to really like it.  He buries his face against him and puts his arm around him.  It's pretty cute!  I'm a little nervous about having his face smashed against a stuffed animal, but he can move his head side to side so I would think if he could breathe, he'd just turn his head to the other side.  I still check the video monitor at least a few times throughout the night to make sure he's still breathing :-)

Sense of smell:  I swear Keaton has some sort of super human sense of smell!  Occasionally if he's been sleeping without a peep for a long stretch I'll go in his room to check on him.  Even if I'm super quiet and tip-toe in, it never fails that he wakes up within 5 minutes of me leaving his room!  I can only assume he somehow sensed me in the room.   

Interaction:  Each day Keaton is becoming more and more interactive.  A week ago I was concerned that he was behind because it seemed like Lexi was doing a lot more at his age.  But in the last week he's made so much progress.  He's holding his head up and we've been able to put him in the jumper.  He's also doing really well reaching for toys and holding onto them.  He likes to grab my face too!

Here's his 4 month stats.  I looked back at the blog when Lexi had her 4 month check up and her measurements were almost exactly the same as Keaton's!  Only since she's a girl, those measurements put her in the 50th percentile.  Guess he's just going to be a little peanut!

Weight:  13lbs 12oz (27th percentile)
Height:  24 inches (18th percentile)
Head:  16.4 inches (34th percentile)


Okay, so on to Lexi's updates:

First Sleepover:  Saturday Lexi had her first sleepover with Aunt Nikki, Aunt Stacy, and cousin Taylor.  Lexi has not slept anywhere else except her own bed ever since she's been in her big girl bed (almost a year now!).  So I wasn't real sure how she'd do staying at someone else's house.  In the afternoon, they all went to Monkey Joe's and from what I hear, they had a blast!  Then they ate dinner and watched movies, Lexi's favorite!  I guess she was really wound up though and didn't want to go to bed, but eventually passed out in Nana's lap!  Taylor and Lexi slept on an air mattress together but Lexi ended up waking up at 2am!  Yikes!  Aunt Nikki said she eventually went back to bed but then she woke Taylor up again at 5:30am to go potty!  When I picked Lexi up this morning everyone looked super tired :-)  But I think she had a great time overall!

First poop in the toilet:  While Lexi was at her first sleepover, she had another first...pooping in the toilet!  I couldn't believe it when Aunt Nikki texted me that she pooped in the toilet!  Now granted she also pooped in her underwear, but I still think it's pretty awesome!  Today, she didn't have anymore luck though :-(  She is doing really great with peeing in the toilet though.  When she's home with us on the weekends she almost never has accidents and even holds it through the night.  While she's at daycare though I don't think they pay as much attention so she usually has an accident.  It's kind of frustrating because I think if we had her home full-time she'd definitely be potty trained by now! 

Some other fun things that Lexi did the past couple of weeks:

Reading books:  She has 4 or 5 books that have to be read to her every single naptime and bedtime.  We've read them to her so many times she now has them memorized word for word so instead of us reading to her, she reads them to us.  It's so cute to hear her little voice "reading" the books.  She's starting to forget some of the words though so when she forgets she'll say "Mommy do it!" or "Daddy do it!"

Putting animals to bed:  The other day she put Ted Bear and Syd to bed and kissed them on the head and said "Love you".  So cute!

This is one of the conversations we had this week:
Me:  Do you know what you're going to do this Saturday?
Lexi:  Mmmhmm, play basketball.
Me:  No, you're going to hang out with Aunt Nikki, Aunt Stacy, and cousin Taylor and play and watch movies.
Lexi:  Nice.

She's said "Nice" a few more times since then.  I have no idea where she gets these things from!

Pics from the last 2 weeks:
16 Weeks Old

Mr. Smiley

This is what she does when I say "smile"

Cheese!

Okay, enough!


1 comment:

  1. I forgot to tell you she read the goodnight moon to us! It was adorable.

    ReplyDelete