ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 26, 2011

Keaton Week 15 / Christmas

So much to update on!  It's been a busy week for us with the holidays.  Keaton had two firsts this week too...one good, and one bad.  We'll start with the bad.

First Illness
Keaton's been at daycare for about 3 1/2 weeks now and has caught his first illness.  I'm not exactly sure what he has but it's some sort of bug.  On Friday when we picked him up from daycare his teacher said he had pooed a lot.  I was also thinking something was up because normally he only goes during the day or some days he doesn't go at all.  But that morning he had gone while he was sleeping and then again when I was feeding him so that was really unusual.  Then at daycare he had gone again 5 more times.  This continued into Saturday and Sunday, and finally today it's lessened up a little.  Saturday he didn't eat hardly at all and he didn't sleep very well Saturday night either so I think that was the worst of it.  He's also been fussy which isn't like him at all so we know he doesn't feel good.  He seems to be on the mend though today so hopefully it was just a quick illness.  I knew he was due for something though so I wasn't completely surprised.  It stinks he was sick for Christmas but at least we were already off of work to take care of him.


First Christmas
So on to the good.  Keaton celebrated his first Christmas!  Since he's so little and wasn't feeling the greatest he didn't really know anything different though.  Lexi opened up all of his presents and will probably be playing with them for the next few months until he's big enough to play with them.  He is starting to get more interested in toys and will even try to swing his arms to reach them, so maybe in a couple of months he'll be ready to play with his new Christmas gifts.  Even though he wasn't feeling great, he did really well at all the family gatherings.  He either slept, laid on his playmat, or just hung out. 

Interaction
He's still not doing much of anything.  He likes to lay on his activity mat but that's really the only thing he seems to like.  I tried the Bumbo and he hates it.  I tried the jumper but I think he's still a little too small.  He's head just kind of slumped to the side in it.  He likes the swing and the mobile but he either falls asleep in it or gets bored with it quickly.  He doesn't really like the bouncer too much.  Mostly he just likes to be held or to lay on the floor and have us talk to him or make silly faces.  We noticed this week that he seems to be interested in the TV.  I was feeding him a bottle the other morning and he was straining his neck to watch the TV.  I think he likes all the bright colors.  I can't remember exactly when Alexa was doing stuff but I feel like he might be slightly behind her.  That's probably typical for boys and he was also born 3 1/2 weeks before his due date so I guess it only makes sense he'd be a little behind. 

Sleeping
Keaton has been a fairly good sleeper for awhile and hasn't been taking a nighttime feeding since he was about 7 weeks old.  He would occasionally get up in the middle of the night and we would have to replace his paci.  He used to sometimes sleep in (and by sleep in I mean until 7:30am) but now he never sleeps past 7am.  Lately he's been waking up a couple times during the night and sometimes it takes awhile for him to get back to sleep.  I think part of it is that he doesn't feel the greatest so I'm hoping that he'll go back to sleeping through the night once he is better.  It definitely makes for sleepless nights.  The past few nights have gone like this:  Keaton up at 3:30am, Keaton back to bed at 3:45am, Lexi up at 4:00am because she heard Keaton crying and needs to go potty, Lexi back to bed at 4:15am, Keaton up at 5:00am (you get the point).  Oh and even though I have a few minutes between when each of the kids are waking up that I could possibly get a little sleep, I can't because I have a dog that snores louder than any human could possibly snore!  Ugh...I'm ready to get a full 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep!  I'm tempted to send the kids to Brian's parents house for the night just so I can sleep in my own bed without being woken up by one of them!

Lexi Update
This is Lexi's third Christmas and each year just gets better and better!  I feel like this year was a little more stressful though because Lexi wanted to open up her presents right away and couldn't really understand that she needed to wait her turn.  I don't think she really understands the concept of Christmas.  This morning when we woke up she thought it was time to open presents again because that's what we did yesterday morning! 

She got lots of new toys, outfits, and other goodies from her aunts and uncles, cousins, GG & Pa, Nana, and "Santa".  She has so much stuff I don't even know what to do with it all!  It should keep her occupied for a good week :-)

With us having the past few days at home together she's had lots of opportunities to say some pretty funny stuff!  Here's some of my favorite phrases and antics from the past week:

"Not me!" - The other night Keaton farted and I said, "eww...somebody farted."  At the same time, Lexi and Brian both responded "Not me!"  Then I said "somebody farted" again and Lexi said "Lexi did it."  Even though she didn't because I knew it was Keaton!
"Nothing" - Lately if I ask Alexa what she's doing she responds "Nothing."
"Just calm down" - She has been telling Oscar (and occasionally me or Brian) to "just calm down". 
"Not you!" - Sometimes she's very particular about who helps her with stuff, like going potty.  If she wants me to go with her instead of Brian and Brian tries to go with her she'll point at him and say "No, not you!"
"That's enough!" - This morning she told me she had a "boogey" so I attempted to get it.  I couldn't get it so I kept trying to wipe her nose with the Kleenex, when she shouted at me "That's enough!"  I couldn't help but laugh :-)
Taylor poopied - Tonight Lexi, Aunt Nikki, and cousin Taylor were goofing around and Lexi came up behind Taylor and pulled down her pants, underwear and all!  Then a few minutes later she sniffed Taylor's butt to see if she had poopied!  We were all dying laughing!

Pics from this week:
Liked the Bumbo for about 1 minute

Trying out the new jumper, still a little too small

Daddy and his mini-me

Lexi's new toolset

Keaton Christmas morning

Oscar got some gifts too!

Lexi walking in her new high heels...she was actually running in them!

No comments:

Post a Comment