ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Keaton Week 13 & 14

I'm a little behind on this week's update but with Christmas I feel like I've been busy doing stuff every night until it's time to go to bed!

Sleeping
Keaton still sleeps through the night but every once in awhile he will wake up as early as 3:45am.  Sometimes he'll go back to sleep right after replacing his paci but sometimes I have to go in there 3 or 4 times before he finally gives in.  I haven't quite figured out if there's any pattern or trigger on the nights this happens.  For the most part though, he's a pretty good sleeper and will go from 7:30ish to 6:45 or 7am.  He seems to be a little better than Lex was at sleeping in occasionally...and when I say "sleeping in" I mean until like 7:15am :-)  We are still swaddling him but he tends to break out of it by the morning.

Interaction
He is more and more alert each day and is now entertained by toys and the playmat.  This makes life so much easier :-)  He still loves being held and loves being carried around in the Baby Bjorn but he really likes his playmat too and will lay on it for a good 30 minutes looking up and smiling at the lights.  He is such a happy baby too!  Brian and I say all the time "Thank God for Keaton" because he is just such a good baby!  He smiles at us all the time and it's contagious!

Daycare
Daycare is going pretty well for Keaton.  I really like his teachers and he seems to be adjusting.  He's taking better naps there but still not as well as he does at home.  I think part of the reason is they have a rule against swaddling.  I also noticed a sign they had up with some other rules, like they can only be in the swing for 15 minutes at a time and they have to be held every so often.  I think that's a good thing though!  They let Lexi come in and see him every once in awhile and I really like that.  She has been such a great helper in the morning carrying in his bottles for me and then giving him a kiss goodbye. 

Carseat
Lately Keaton has been hating his car seat.  Lexi also hated her car seat but her hatred of it started much earlier so I was thinking we were in the clear with Keaton.  I was wrong!  Luckily he does alright on the car ride to daycare because it's so short but anything longer than that and he freaks out.  Even on the interstate he doesn't fall asleep.  This made this past weekend traveling to family Christmas parties extremely stressful!  I can't remember how long this lasted with Lexi but I sure hope he gets over this soon!

Lexi Quotes/Antics
"Shoot man" - It's more the way she says this that makes it so funny!
"I done playing with you" - She's said this to Brian a couple of times!
"I being good" - She says this all the time now when she wants to watch a movie or open a present.
"Oscar's sad" - The other night she kept saying Oscar was sad and had the most concerned look on his face.  Then she was petting him so softly.  It was so cute!  Then about 2 minutes after that she said "Oscar's being bad".
"Be careful angel" - I have no idea where she got this from.  A few times when I said be careful to her, she would respond "be careful angel."
"I'm hiding" - This means she's pooping
"I don't want to be here" - We were at my family Christmas party yesterday and she got sad all the sudden and said "I don't want to be here" and hung her head down.  It was so sad!  I still don't know why she said that because 5 minutes later she was back to playing.
"Ewww...gross, what a mess!" - She said this on Friday night when Nikki and Stacy were watching her.  Then she said it again Saturday when I was changing her poopy underwear.  They must say this to her at daycare when they change her diaper!
"I love it!" - She said this for every present she opened up last night at my family Christmas.  It was so cute!
Jingle bells - She's been singing a lot lately but this is one of her favorites!  One morning we were hanging out in bed and she jumped up and started belting out "jingle bells, jingle bells!"
Seeing Santa - Every year at my family Christmas Santa comes to visit.  In prior years Lexi was either too young or scared of him.  This year she was soooo excited to see him!  She was completely mesmerized by him and couldn't even wait her turn to sit on his lap!  


No comments:

Post a Comment