The first day at daycare seemed to go okay. Dropping him off in the morning was actually harder on Lexi than it was on me! They are in rooms right across the hall from each other and Lexi came in his room with me to drop him off but she didn't want me to let the daycare teachers have him! She put her leg on the carseat so I couldn't take him out. And then when I told her to give her brother a kiss she kept saying "no! my brother!" Eventually I convinced her to let him go and the teacher told her she could come and visit him a couple times throughout the day. Cute! His sheet said he only slept about 45 minutes in the morning and 50 minutes in the afternoon so he was super tired when he got home. He also only ate 3 ounces of his afternoon bottle. He didn't seem super fussy when he got home though.
Days two and three at daycare went well too. Lexi was better about letting him go on day two. He's still not sleeping much there but I don't think he's used to all the noise. His room is dark and quiet at home so it's probably going to take some adjustment. The lack of sleep doesn't seem to be affecting him at home although when I put him to bed at night he seems super happy to be in his own crib :-)
Other Updates
No significant changes in the last week other than that I've moved him to exclusively formula. I think this must be more filling than breastmilk because he went from eating 6oz at every bottle to sometimes only being able to finish 3 or 4 oz for his afternoon and nighttime bottle. It doesn't seem to be affecting his sleeping though so I assume he's getting enough to eat.
In the last couple of weeks he's been smiling more and starting to giggle. One thing that's almost guaranteed to get a giggle is patty cake. He just loves playing this! He also likes when we say "So big!"
| Playing patty cake |
Lexi Update
I'm sure Lexi did some funny stuff this week but since I'm back to work now I'm not doing a great job of writing it down. Off the top of my head here's a couple phrases I can remember:
"Oh man" - She uses this in the right context too. Like if she drops something she'll say "Oh man, oh man".
Head, shoulders, knees, and toes - On Saturday morning Lexi woke up around 6:30 and we were hanging out in our bed when she randomly stood up and starting singing "head, shoulders, knees, and toes" and then commanded me to sing it.
"I being good" - I've started putting presents under the Christmas trees, which is dangerous I know! Lexi's been pretty good about not messing with them. We got out the Elf on the Shelf when we put up the trees and I told her that the elf, "Fred", would be watching to see if she was being good and if she wasn't being good, she wouldn't get any presents. Last night I had wrapped some more presents and put them under the tree and she noticed them today. She said "Mommy, presents!" And I told her, "yes, but you can't open them until Christmas." Then she said "I being good." I'm such a sucker, I almost let her open one because she was just too cute! Later today she came up to me and said "Mommy, I need to watch a movie." I said no movie and she said "I being good." Ha ha! She's already a little manipulator!
We're still working on potty training. I just feel like it's impossible to be really dedicated to it though between daycare and having another baby to take care of. On the weekends if it's just Brian or I by ourselves with both kids it's difficult to keep reminding her to go potty and to then take her in the bathroom. This week at daycare we're going to try sending her in underwear and see how that goes. I've got a stack of extra pants for them though because I'm sure she'll pee her pants several times! I don't know how other people potty train their kids and make it seem so easy!


No comments:
Post a Comment