ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Weeks 23 through 24

I didn't think I'd get to do an update for another week because I'm studying for a test that's next week, but as luck would have it, I forgot my book at work today, which makes it impossible for me to study tonight :-)

There actually hasn't been a whole lot to update on in the past two weeks, other than 3 milestones:
1. Keaton rolling over:  On Saturday I put Keaton on his belly and walked away because he tends to not fuss as much if he doesn't think I'm there to pick him up.  I was just a few feet away in the kitchen but I couldn't see him all that well.  After a few minutes I walked back over to check on him and he was laying on his back playing!  So the first time he rolls over for me and I missed it!  I imagine he's probably done this before at daycare but I'll pretend it was his first time.  Hopefully I'll actually get to witness it soon!
2. Pooping in the potty:  We have been really struggling to get Lexi to poop on the toilet.  She has no issues whatsoever pooping in her underwear or even just laying one out on the floor!  But for some reason she would not go in the toilet.  Aunt Nikki and Aunt Stacy got her to go one time a couple of months ago, but she never would go for us.  We tried bribes of candy and movies and then even sunk to threatening no movies.  We tried bringing her in with us to go potty so she could see it's totally normal.  Nothing worked.  Then on Sunday afternoon she was supposed to be taking a nap and she came out of her room to let me know she peed.  She had indeed peed her pants but there was also a little dingleberry (sorry TMI) so I ran her to the bathroom and sat her on the toilet.  Even though she technically didn't poop on the toilet, she got the effect and saw how excited I was for her.  Later that afternoon we were at my Grandma's and she told Brian she was pooping.  He scooped her up into the bathroom and luckily it was a slow mover so she hadn't gone yet.  He set her on the toilet and she went!  We all made a big deal out of it and she could tell we were super excited and proud.  Then Monday she pooped in the toilet at daycare too!  I don't think she went today, but at least she knows now that it's not that bad.  Hopefully we'll make some good progress in the next few weeks.
3. Enrolled in Preschool:   Since Lexi will turn 3 before September she's eligible to start preschool in the fall.  Although the school district in Morton is great, there isn't a lot of selection for preschools.  Fortunately my co-workers wife is a teacher at a preschool in Peoria that's really close to my work.  So we decided we'd enroll Lexi there.  She'll go 4 days a week in the mornings and then I'll take her back to daycare in Morton.  It's going to be a lot of driving for me, but I think it will be worth it!  I toured the preschool and it's pretty awesome!  Lexi also got to visit when we went to church on Sunday.  She loved the kitchen area and dollhouse they have.  I think it should be a pretty smooth transition!

Keaton is growing so much each day.  I've been putting a lot of pressure on him (and myself) lately for him to get to that next level because I'm so afraid he's behind.  I told myself I wouldn't do that this time around, but it's so hard not to.  I do have to remind myself though that he was born about 3 1/2 weeks early so that does probably put him a little behind his peers.  Plus his personality is so laid back I just don't think he cares as much as Lexi did!  Brian keeps telling me I just need to be thankful that he's healthy, especially given all the concerns they had when I was pregnant with him.  He's totally right and I'm going to try to think positive :-)  I know he'll get there eventually.  Even though he may not be ahead of the curve in development, he's definitely the sweetest baby I know!  He's so happy and has the best smile and laughs.  I actually think Lexi and him sound a lot alike when they laugh!  I just look at him and want to snuggle him because he's so darn cute!  

I haven't been very good about writing down Lexi's quotes but here's a few I can remember:

Me:  "I love you Lexi"  Lexi:  "I love you more Mommy.  I miss you.  I'll save you."  All said while giving me a great big hug and kiss.
"I don't think so" (in response to me saying time for bed).
"Come on Mom" (in response to me telling her no more books before bed)

Pics from the past 2 weeks:

Finally laying on his belly and lifting his head up!

So happy!

Mommy/daughter afternoon, trip to Build-a-Bear

Silly goose!

Love this little girl so much!

Road trip to Bloomington

Happy Valentine's day!

All my babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment