ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Florida Trip

I'm a month late on posting about our Florida trip, but what can I say...life got in the way!  Over Easter weekend Brian and I took Lexi on a 3 night trip to Orlando.  This was her second time to Florida, but her first time she was only 9 months old so there wasn't really much she could do.  I had really wanted to take her again because I know how much she loves everything Disney!  We considered taking Keaton with but ultimately decided it would be best for everyone if he stayed home with GG and Pa. 

The plane rides were definitely not as easy as the first time.  You would think it would get easier but she didn't want to sleep or watch a movie and she was not happy about wearing her seat belt.  But even though, there were certainly kids that were worse than her on the plane!  Once we got to Florida the trip was overall really fun!  We had rented a house, which was nice to have all that extra space to run around.  The house also had a pool so we were able to swim whenever we wanted.  The first night we went to Downtown Disney and Lexi got to see lots of Disney characters, but just statutes not actual people.  There was a band performing though and she loved dancing!  That was definitely the highlight of the night.

The next day we went to Magic Kingdom and Lexi was in heaven.  We got to ride several of the rides including Dumbo, Buzz Lightyear, and Winnie the Pooh.  One of my favorites was a 3D show that featured snippets from all of my favorite kid's movies like the Little Mermaid, Lion King, and Aladdin.  We actually stumbled into that one by mistake but we all ended up loving it!  Lexi got to dance with Stitch (from Lilo and Stitch) and I think that was her favorite...well maybe next to meeting Rapunzel!  Brian stood in line for us for about an hour and half so Lexi could meet and get her picture taken with Rapunzel.  I know she loved it but you wouldn't be able to tell from her face!  Lexi got tired by about 3pm and actually fell asleep right when the parade was starting!  We left the park but then headed back around 8pm.  We got to see the Electrical parade, which wasn't as great as the other parade but it was still good.  Lex got to dance once more with Stitch before we headed back for the night.

The next day we went to St. Pete beach.  It was beautiful weather and a beautiful beach!  Lexi loved the ocean and playing in the sand.  She only last a couple hours though and we headed back.  We flew out the next day but got to get one more quick dip in the pool before we left.  I think it was the perfect amount of time for all of us and can't wait to take Keaton back with us next year!  Lexi missed him while we were gone too because she asked every day where brother was!  She saw a picture that GG and Pa had taken of him and she said "Let's go get Keaton."  I think she really liked the one on one time though. Next year should be perfect for the whole family!

















No comments:

Post a Comment