Now knowing that we were having a girl the planning and shopping could begin! Over the past month and a half we've spent several hours/days creating the perfect nursery. Family members have even joined in the effort. My sister helped me paint the room and install shelving for the closet and Brian's parents are coming over this week to install crown molding. We decided to go with a purple and green color scheme since it was different than the typical pink for girls. I found some super cute bedding online that was the inspiration for the room. The room is almost finished except for the crown molding and putting pictures in the frames.
We also decided on a name...actually, about a month ago! It was between Alexa and Taylor and we finally decided on Alexa. Her middle name will be Nicole after my sister. I think it has a nice ring to it :-)
If any of you know me at all you know I have a bit of a shopping addiction. Normally I would buy stuff for myself. But now I have someone new to buy for and I have to admit, I might have gone a little overboard. But baby clothes are so irresistibly cute! I'm cutting myself off now. Well, at least for a little while :-)


I'm so excited for you both. The room looks beautiful! My niece is already spoiled. haha ;)
ReplyDeleteHi Robin and Brian,
ReplyDeleteYou certainly have done a beautiful job with the nursery and preparing for Alexa's arrival! She will be so very happy in her new home filled with so much love from you both and all of the careful planning you have done, and will continue with, for her life here on earth. What a lucky little one. Love you much! Aunt T. and Uncle Mark and Lynn
HI ROBIN & BRIAN
ReplyDeleteLOVE THE NAME, THE BABY'S ROOM LOOKS GREAT AND BEAUTIFUL.LOVE UNCLE JOE AND AUNT DIANA
Hey...I am sorry we keep playing phone tag! The nursery looks awsome and professionally done. Congratulations on having a baby girl, Brian will have some learning to do ( you can do it Brian!).
ReplyDeleteLove, Jenny
It's Mandy.... Love the new blog and the fact that I will have another blog to read and keep up to date on your pregnancy! It is fun to know other people are going through the same things! I love the nursery and the colors.... Alexa is a beautiful name! Congrats again! looking forward to reading more!
ReplyDeleteLOVE the nursery, it is so adorable!!! And I'm a little like you...have a major shopping addiction! I'm afraid for my pocketbook once I find out the sex. :) CONGRATS again...and we'll have to have some playdates!
ReplyDeleteHey - where did you get your glider at, as I'm shopping around for some now but want to get a comfortable one...stinks you can't try them out in the stores!
ReplyDelete