I was determined to get the rings on and I thought if I could just get them over my knuckle it would be fine. Boy was I wrong! I managed to get the rings on my finger and over my knuckle, but as soon as I did I knew I was in trouble! Immediately I felt the tightness on my finger and it started to turn red, then purpleish. I started freaking out! I grabbed the lotion and frantically rubbed it on my finger. No luck. I ran downstairs and got the butter and again frantically rubbed it on my finger. No luck. Trying to pull it off was just making matters worse. I prayed to God to please let me get these rings off. Thoughts of having to amputate my finger ran through my head...that is if it didn't fall off before the ambulance got there. I called my mom begging for her to give me a solution. She suggested all the things I already tried. Then I called Brian. He rushed home and was determined to get the ring off. So he made me ice my hand in ice water for 20 minutes to take down the swelling. Again, no luck. It was clear the only alternative was for me to go to the ER to have it cut off (the ring that is!).
Brian's mom took me to the ER where they had to cut the ring off. It took about 30 minutes or so for them to cut through the platinum with this special tool they have. Fortunately the staff was nice and told me I'm not the only person this has happened to :-) They also didn't charge me and the ring is still salvageable. It will definitely need to be resized though :-) Lesson learned.

On a similar note I tried on a pair of my old heels yesterday and realized they are much tighter than they used to be. I think I'll buy a new pair rather than risk those having to be pried off!


LOL...it was still funny even after hearing it a second time! I'm just glad you still have your finger and the ring is fixable! :)
ReplyDeleteHAHA that's hilarious! I definitely did this too after I had Johannah! My finger turned purplish too..BUT I was able to get it out after putting some Windex on it! That whole thing scared me and I knew there was no hope, so I just got it resized! ;-)
ReplyDeleteAww.. Robin that is funny!! I can't believe that happened. I am so glad that you didn't have to loose your finger though;) I will remember this when it is my turn to try to get them back on!! Haha So your ring is fixable? Hope so..it would be bad if it couldn't!!
ReplyDelete