Today was my first day back to work. However, I'm not in the office but instead I'm at a training in Chicago. This made it extra difficult since it's the first time I've left Alexa for more than a few hours. I drove up to Chicago this morning so I didn't have to spend an extra night without her. Last night after her bedtime routine I didn't want to put her down. She had fallen asleep while she was eating and I just held her in my arms. I feel like she knew I was leaving her because all day yesterday she kept staring at me with this look like "I love you Mommy." And she was so smiley. I think she was trying to get me to stay home :-) Unfortunately I had to go. Since she's started sleeping through the night, bedtime was the last time I got to see her before heading to Chicago at 4am. I cried all the way to Bloomington. I tried to fight it but I couldn't stop thinking about how much I was going to miss her. Fortunately my training is pretty interesting and is keeping my attention so I'm not focusing all day on how much I miss her! I did take advantage of my time here in Chicago though, enjoying a beautiful night shopping and eating at the Cheesecake Factory. I bought Alexa Winnie the Pooh and Stitch (Lilo and Stitch) stuffed animals from the Disney Store and I can't wait to give them to her! Brian is also out of town for work so Alexa is staying with GG and Grandpa Fisher until I get back on Thursday afternoon. I hope she continues to sleep through the night for them!
Next week I return to the office and Lex will be starting daycare. I'm sure this will also be hard for me, to go from spending every hour of every day with her to just seeing her for a couple of hours each day. Fortunately my work is less than 10 minutes from the daycare and I can pop in and see her whenever I want!


I bet it is so hard to be away from her. We are leaving Landon overnight on Oct. 10th while we go stay with some friends in Champaign and I'm sure I'll be crying too!!
ReplyDeleteAww! Hang in there Robin. Does your daycare have one of those nanny cam's that you can spy in all day long? Of course, if they did, you'd be staring at it all day long! ha ha
ReplyDelete