Lexi turned 6 months old on Christmas Eve so we decided to give her her first baby food on Christmas day. I went with squash...it looked a little better than the green beans. We gave it to her around 10:45am and she just gobbled it up! She actually did better eating the squash than she does with rice cereal! She only ate about half of the container. We gave her more at night and she almost ate all of the container! She really seems to like it...although you wouldn't be able to tell that from the pictures :-) We gave her squash again today and we'll give her some tomorrow too. Then Monday I think we'll try either green beans or sweet potatoes. We'll probably wait until next week or the week after to give her any fruit. I'm sure she'll just love that though!
Saturday, December 26, 2009
First baby food
Lexi turned 6 months old on Christmas Eve so we decided to give her her first baby food on Christmas day. I went with squash...it looked a little better than the green beans. We gave it to her around 10:45am and she just gobbled it up! She actually did better eating the squash than she does with rice cereal! She only ate about half of the container. We gave her more at night and she almost ate all of the container! She really seems to like it...although you wouldn't be able to tell that from the pictures :-) We gave her squash again today and we'll give her some tomorrow too. Then Monday I think we'll try either green beans or sweet potatoes. We'll probably wait until next week or the week after to give her any fruit. I'm sure she'll just love that though!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Wow, baby food already! She's growing up! I think we're going to wait till closer to 6 months to start the rice cereal...I'm in no hurry to start all of that..just means more work, lol!
ReplyDeleteI wanted to look back at this post since I started Landon on baby food too, to see what you started with. Funny, we both started at the same time (6 months) and both started with Squash and Landon loved it too! Great minds must think alike. :) I tried green beans second (a few nights ago) and he didn't seem to like them near as well so he wouldn't eat as much as he would with the squash. Did Alexa like the other foods besides the squash?
ReplyDelete