We got to go home from the hospital on Thursday (September 8th). He did great on the car ride home! When we got home Lexi wanted to hold him. She only holds him for a few seconds though and then she's ready for us to take him back! She saw me nursing him and then later that night she decided she wanted to feed him too! Too funny!
| Lexi "feeding" her brother |
The first night at home Keaton did pretty good sleeping, up every 2 hours to eat but then right back to sleep. Then Friday and Saturday night he didn't want to sleep at all and pretty much just wanted to eat all night long! I think that's because my milk came in Friday so I think he was hungry and his digestive system was adjusting to the new food. Sunday night and last night were much better. He's still up every 2 to 3 hours but then goes back to sleep. I haven't been the best about taking naps though during the day so I'm still pretty tired!
I can't believe he's already a week old! Lexi seems to be adjusting well to him and I think he's pretty used to her. Oscar seems to know there's a new baby but doesn't seem to mind at all. It definitely is easier with the second because I think you know what to expect and what not to expect! You do forget pretty quickly though how rough it is the first few weeks trying to get your schedules adjusted!
We took Keaton into the pediatrician last Friday for a check-up and his weight was down to 6lbs 4oz. Not a huge concern but he goes back this Friday for a weight check to make sure he's getting enough to eat. I'm pretty sure that won't be a problem though!
He seems to be pretty mellow, unlike his sister! We'll see if that changes though over the next few weeks as he becomes more alert.
I've been trying to make sure I spend a lot of time with Lexi too so she doesn't feel left out. I think so far it's been going pretty well. I missed her bedtime one night since I was feeding Keaton and I felt so guilty! Hopefully I won't have to do that too many more times.
I just love seeing Lexi's little personality develop and I can't wait to see how Keaton's develops! I do think he's going to be the opposite of Lexi though :-)


No comments:
Post a Comment