ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

6 Month Checkup

I had my 6 month check up with my regular doctor yesterday morning and they told me the baby has premature atrial contractions (PAC). I had gone to the specialist a couple weeks ago and they had told me then that they noticed an irregularity in the baby's heartbeat but didn't think it was of any concern. My regular doctor still didn't seem too concerned about it when she was describing it to me. Basically it just means that the upper part of the heart beats a little bit faster than it should. I heard it on the doppler and every few beats you can hear her heart do a double beat. I of course Googled it when I got back to work and it seems like nothing to really worry about. It is strange though because the causes are usually too much intake of caffeine, alcohol use, drug use, or high levels of stress, none of which apply to me. I thought I was done seeing the specialist, but now with this I have to go back again in a couple of weeks for them to do another sonogram and make sure everything's okay. Even though everything I read says it's nothing to worry about I just can't help it! I'm also not sure whether it's getting this news or if it's the hormones, but I have been so extremely sad this week! I feel like I could cry at any moment and for no reason. Pregnancy causes the strangest things!

3 comments:

  1. I have never heard of PAC before, but try try try not to worry (easier said than done, I know!). I have my next appt. on Monday (no sono though)...I always worry when it gets close, as you hope & pray everything is okay. Pregnancy definitely does some weird things! :) At least us girls can relate to each other. Just wish our husbands could better understand. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully everything will be fine... We are thinking of you! We have an appt next week too... We will find out for sure if it is a girl or boy! I do agree that the hormones and changes in your body can do some pretty crazy things... I definitely understand the wanting to cry all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure everything is fine! The causes of PAC definitely don't aply to you....your stress level is definitely not high since u dont work for PwC anymore ;-) I'm thinking about u guys!

    ReplyDelete