Lexi had her 9 month checkup yesterday. No shots this time so it was pretty easy. Here are her stats:
Height: 28inches (65th percentile)
Weight: 18lbs 14oz (50th percentile)
Head: 45cm (80th percentile)
As you can see she still has a huge head and she's definitely getting tall!
Here's a few things she's been up to the past few months:
1. Crawling - She finally started army crawling around 8 months. And now she is starting to crawl with her belly off the ground. She's getting really fast and crawling all over the place.
2. Pulling herself to standing - Lexi has always had strong little legs and before she started crawling she was beginning to pull herself to standing (with a little help). Now she can pull herself to standing from a complete sitting position and it seems like she's so close to standing up without holding onto anything. Occasionally she will stand for 2 to 3 seconds on her own.
3. Teeth - At about 6 months she got her first two teeth, bottom middle. She's now sprouted two more on the bottom, two on the top and two more are peeking through on the top. So by the end of this month, she'll have 8 teeth!
4. Table food - With 8 teeth I figured it was time for her to start eating table food. We had tried a little here and there before but she would always leave it on her tongue and start gagging. We kept trying and she's gotten pretty good at it. So far she's had watermelon, chicken, rice, potato, corn, peas, broccoli, and carrots...oh and ice cream :-) I'm still feeding her baby food, but I will usually give her a little of whatever I'm eating too. She definitely seems to like all the new tastes!
5. Separation anxiety - Within the last month or so I've noticed Lex has been very attached, particularly to me. If I walk out of the room she will start to whimper. She's done this a lot lately when I drop her off at daycare. This of course makes it extremely difficult to leave her in the mornings :-( It seems like she's been getting a little better this past week. It's good to know she loves me but I also don't want her to cry every time I walk away!
6. Drinking out of a straw - We started Lexi on a sippy cup a couple of months ago and she did pretty good with it, but sometimes she'd just chew on it. This past weekend we were out to dinner and we tried having her drink from a straw. To our surprise she was able to do it right off the bat!
I'm sure there's so much more I'm forgetting, but that's all I can think of for now!


No comments:
Post a Comment