ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Lexi Randomness

Howl-Zoo-Ween
Last weekend Lexi and I had a mommy/daughter night at Howl-Zoo-Ween.  Nana, Aunt Nikki, Aunt Stacy, and cousin Taylor came along with us too.  It was a lot of fun!  Lexi went dressed as Cinderella and Taylor was dressed as the skeleton bride.  Lexi liked getting the candy but unfortunately wanted me to carry her the whole time.  My back was exhausted by the time we got through the trick or treat trail!  We still have most of the candy left and are using it as part of potty training tactics.






"The Potty's Coming!"
Speaking of potty training, we officially started on Saturday.  We've had potties in the house for awhile now but Lexi didn't really seem too interested.  She would sit on them and pretend to pee but only actually went maybe once or twice.  She hadn't really been telling us when she'd go in her diaper so I figured she wasn't ready for training yet.  But I decided this weekend we needed to start the training since she's over 2 now.  I had bought her some big girl undies so I put some on her Saturday afternoon.  I told her to tell me when she had to go potty and then I set the timer to go off every 15 minutes to remind me to set her on the potty.  I set her on the potty three or four times and she never went.  Brian's parents stopped by and I was distracted so I didn't remember to set her on the potty.  She was playing on the couch and all the sudden she jumps off and goes running into the bathroom yelling "The potty's coming!  The potty's coming".  Well we found out that "The potty's coming" really means she already went but at least she's aware that she's going now!  We haven't actually made it to the potty yet and have gone through about 5 pairs of underwear in the last two days, but I think we're making progress.  Today before her nap I changed her into a pull-up and right after I got it on her she said "Mommy, the potty's coming."  We went into the bathroom to sit on the potty but of course she had already gone in the pull-up!  But again, awareness is progress!  She sat on the potty this afternoon for probably a good 20 minutes and I think I saw a tiny dribble come out so maybe it's just stage fright!  We're going to keep trying and hopefully by the time she's 3 we'll have her trained :-) 

Quotes of the Week
"Get to bed right now"
"What the heck"
"It's kinda spicy" - She says this one quite a bit when she's eating, even if it's not spicy!
"Wooh, it's hot in here.  I need to put on my sunglasses" - This one goes with a picture (see below):


Lexi: "Brother's scared." Me: "What's he scared of?"  Lexi:  "Umm, the tiger."  Me: "Oh, why is he scared of the tiger?"  Lexi: "Umm, no, the giraffe."  - The mind of a 2 year old!  Here's a pic of her while we had that conversation:

No comments:

Post a Comment