ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Potty Progress

During the week we didnt make much progress with potty training since Lexi's in daycare and I don't expect them to be changing her underpants every time she pees in them. We did continue to set her on the potty when she'd wake up and before bed but she'd never go. Yesterday morning we put her in underwear and like last weekend she peed her pants. She would tell us that she peed her pants as she was going but by that time it's too late to make it to the bathroom. Brian would try and would pick her up and run her into the bathroom with pee trickling down her leg and onto the floor the whole way! Yesterday also brought a new adventure in potty training...poop in the underwear! Lexi told us she needed to go potty, so Brian took her in the bathroom but when he pulled down her pants she had already pooped! That was fun to clean-up :-) So another day went by without successfully peeing or pooping in the potty once. Today we tried again and she peed and pooped her pants again this morning. This time I just threw the underwear away! Then after her nap I had her sit on the potty and low and behold she peed within just a couple minutes. I was so excited I started cheering which caused Oscar to bark which scared Lexi! But I think she realized I was so happy she peed in the potty! She got this really shy smile on her face. To reward her I gave her a ring pop and a special toy she only gets to play with right after she goes potty. After dinner tonight she said she wanted candy and I told her she only gets candy she goes potty so she said she wanted to go potty. Within less than a minute of sitting on the potty she peed! I couldn't believe it! She got her ring pop and toy again and I think she's figured out that going potty in the toilet is a good thing! Hopefully being at daycare this week won't set us back on the progress we've made! I plan on keeping her home the week of thanksgiving so maybe she'll be fully trained by the end of that week! I can't wait to not have to buy her diapers! It starts to really add up buying diapers for two kids. Let's hope our progress continues this week!

On another note, here are a couple funny things Lexi said/did this week:
When she woke up on Friday morning she told Brian that Syd, her monkey, bit Ted bear. She then said Syd was in timeout and left him in her bedroom and shut the door behind her!
She's been saying "mmm, that's good" when she eats or drinks something.
When she wakes up she says "I sleep all good." Then she asks me, "mommy, he sleep all good?" meaning did Keaton sleep good!
She wanted to hold Keaton and so I laid him on her lap but he started crying and she said "no, he's crying" and made a motion to take him away!

No comments:

Post a Comment