Keaton turned 2 months old this week! Oh and what a week it has been!
Sleeping
Keaton continues to do well with sleeping at night with no feedings. BUT we have made NO progress with daytime naps! In fact, I think we might be going backwards :-( He fights tooth and nail through the morning nap and sometimes the afternoon nap as well. He usually only sleeps for a 15 minute stretch in the morning nap and spends the rest of the hour fussing/crying with me going in every 3 to 5 minutes to calm him/replace his pacifier. Occasionally he'll sleep a 1 to 1 1/2 hour stretch for what's supposed to be a 2 hour afternoon nap, but lately he's been crying through that one as well. I know it's not from a lack of being tired because he'd have no problem sleeping if I were holding him...he just does not want to nap in his crib! We are not going to give up hope though!
Interaction
Keaton is finally smiling which makes all the crying worth it :-) He's definitely happiest right after his morning bottle and he likes it if I kiss his neck or face, rub my hair across his face, or make silly sounds. It's not a guaranteed smile and it looks like he's still trying to get the hang of smiling. Sometimes he just opens his mouth and the sides are just slightly turned up so you know he's trying to smile. The other night I got a laugh out of him. It was just a soft sort of coo laugh but it was so cute! These are the moments of being a Mom that I love!
He also seems to be doing better at night before his bedtime bottle. The period of fussiness seems to have diminished to just between 6:30pm and 7:00pm. He does insist on lots of attention though! Luckily Lexi helps out with that because she likes to play with him if I set him on the floor.
2 Month Stats
He had his 2 month check up today and doctor said everything looks healthy! He had to get 3 shots today and he was such a trooper! Brian came with but I actually ended up holding Keaton's hands while he got his shots. With the first shot his face turned bright red and he started crying. The other two shots were quick and I scooped him up as soon as those were done. He cried for less than a minute but then he kept making a pouty face just like Alexa used to do! I won't tell Alexa but I think Keaton has the best pouty face :-) He sticks the bottom lip out so far and it just makes your heart melt! I think it almost had Brian tearing up when he saw it! All in all, Keaton did great with the shots and I think I cried more than he did!
Here are his 2 month stats (he's a shorty!):
Weight: 11lbs 9oz (50%)
Height: 22.25 inches (28%)
Head: 15.7cm (50%)
Happy Halloween!
Monday was Halloween so we took Lexi trick or treating. This was Lexi's 3rd Halloween and 2nd time trick or treating. She went as Cinderella this year. She was less than thrilled about wearing her costume and kept saying "It's too big", which is what she says when she doesn't want to wear something. I attempted to get pictures of her but she kept running from me so I couldn't get one! Keaton didn't wear a costume since he was just hanging out in the carseat. We stopped at GG and Pa's first which ended up being not the greatest idea since Lexi lost interest in getting candy from other houses! Next year we'll hit their house up last! We only made it around the block for trick or treating and then headed home because Keaton started fussing and Lexi was over it! Maybe next year will be better! Here's some pics from the day:
Sesame Street Live
On Wednesday I took Lexi to see Sesame Street Live in Bloomington. It was fun spending some quality Mommy/Daughter time together! I think she liked the show but it was silly because they had a 15 minute intermission and the whole show was only about an hour and 15 minutes long! Part way through the show Lexi said "Mommy, I'm done with Elmo." and wanted to leave. We got some popcorn at intermission though and that refueled her for the rest of the show! Here's some pics from the show:
Potty Update
It's pretty much going to be impossible to potty train her with her going to daycare but she's making good progress. She went potty in the toilet for me twice this week, once in the morning before school and once after school. We bribe her with candy though so I doubt she'll go potty at daycare since they probably won't give her candy! We'll see how this weekend goes. Hopefully no more poopy underwear!
Poop Art
Speaking of poop, on Wednesday after Sesame Street Live I attempted to put both the kids down for a nap. Lexi didn't put up a fight and Keaton didn't either so I thought I was golden! About 10 minutes later though Keaton started fussing and I heard Lexi talking in her room. That's not totally unusual for her and most of the time she'll just talk to herself for a little bit and then fall asleep. So I didn't pay much attention to her and focused my efforts on trying to get Keaton to sleep. For some reason he didn't want to sleep though and fussed on and off for the next hour or so. About an hour and a half after I put Lexi down for her nap she came out of her room. I met her in the hallway and noticed she had something brown on her face. My first thought was "hmm...did she get into some candy?" Then I noticed her hands had something brown on them too. It still didn't really register until I walked into her room and smelled the poo! But even then it didn't fully set in because when I walked in her room all I saw was the stuffing from one of her stuffed animals sprinkled all over the floor. Then as I was picking that up that's when I noticed the poop smeared all over her white bed, her sheets, comforter, and the wall above her bed! I was completely in shock. I just kept asking her why did you do that and she responded "I poop in my pants." She had indeed! I guess it had kinda started to come out over the top of her diaper so I assume she put her hand in it and didn't know where else to wipe it except on her bed and walls. What I don't understand is why she stayed in her room for so long before coming to get me! Regardless, it was a giant disaster! I attempted to clean it up as Keaton was screaming his head off in the next room! Funny thing is that for the 10 minutes that I thought they were both going to nap without a fight I actually was thinking I could keep Lexi home from daycare for the rest of my maternity leave. As soon as this happened though I realized never again!!
Fun Quotes
As mad as I was about the poop smeared everywhere, it's hard to stay mad at her when she says such cute stuff like the things below:
She's seen me pumping and she'll ask what I'm doing so I said I was making milk. Now if she sees me pumping she'll ask "You making milk?" One day she told Brian "I making milk."
This was a conversation Lexi had while on her play phone: "Hello,hi, nice to meet you. Yeah, he hit Ted Bear. Mmmhmm, yeah. He's in my room. I need to call Mommy. Ok, bye."
When Brian and I are trying to have a conversation Lexi will say: "Hey! I talkin to Robin!" Then Brian will say: "Ok, talk to her." And Lexi will pretend she's having a conversation with me and say "ummm, chicken."
Lexi is obsessed with movies and I have to admit we have not been the best about limiting her time watching them. It's very easy to become dependent on them but the other day I did tell her no. This is how the conversation went. Lexi: "I wanna watch a movie." Me: "No movie." Lexi: "I wanna ask Daddy."
Some of her other favorite phrases currently are: "I pick one." "I wanna do it."


No comments:
Post a Comment