ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Decking the Halls

I love Christmas and I love decorating for Christmas.  Unfortunately Brian does not share this passion so it usually ends up being me decorating by myself.  I was so excited this year for Lexi to be able to decorate with me since last year she was way too young.  I think I must have been delusional though to think it would be fun decorating a Christmas tree with a 2 year old and 2 1/2 month old.

In the first couple of minutes Lexi spilled hot chocolate on herself and started screaming her head off.  I was freaking out because I knew it was really hot and it probably hurt pretty bad!  We got through it though after a few minutes of crying and moved on to decorating the tree.  Brian assembled the tree last night and I "fluffed" it so all we had to do tonight was put on the ornaments which I thought Lexi could handle.  She was into it the first 5 minutes but she wasn't really hanging the ornaments, more so setting them on the tree.  We found a better role for her though where she brought me the ornaments Brian had finished putting hooks on.  This seemed to be much more efficient.  She got bored with this role after a few minutes though and wanted to play with the camera instead.  Then she started whining about something (can't remember what) and Brian asked if they should just watch a movie downstairs.  I was getting frustrated at this point and Lexi was still whining so I said "go, get out of here" to Lexi.  As she's getting ready to walk down the stairs with Brian she says "Bye Mommy" and looked at me with her big puppy dog eyes.  Wow, I felt like the worst Mom of the year!  I gave her a hug and I just felt so bad!  I then decorated the rest of the tree by myself :-) 

I guess we got a few memories of our first year decorating the tree together!  Maybe next year will go more smoothly..with a 3 year old and 1 year old...right!













No comments:

Post a Comment