ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Oh Sh*t!

I can't believe I'm posting about this again!  I really thought the poop incidents were over with the last one being Lexi smearing it all over her room.  I was wrong....

On Saturday I was preoccupied pumping and I left Lexi by herself to play in her playroom.  Normally she'd be fine but for some reason I didn't really think about the fact that she wasn't wearing a diaper, underwear, or any bottoms for that matter.  This was her choice by the way!  Sometimes she prefers to go commando!  So as I'm pumping in the bedroom I can hear Lexi in the hallway and it sounds like she's just messing with the gate at the top of the stairs.  Then she shouts out "Mommy, I poopied."  I figured this meant she actually peed because she says this when she pees her pants.  So I stopped pumping and headed to the hallway fully expecting that there would just be some pee I'd have to clean up from the carpet.  As I get closer to Lexi I see something brown on her lip and she's holding her hands up like she's got something on them.  And then I see it (you might want to stop reading if you're squeamish!).  A big round ball of poop sitting on the stairway ledge...oh, and there's corn pieces in it too to top it off!  Ha ha!  So I'm looking around for other traces of poop and I don't see any except for what's on the ledge and on Lexi's mouth and hands.  That leads me to only one conclusion, she pooped into her hand!  How that's possible, I don't know, but since there's no other traces of poop, I can't come up with any other theories.  Luckily this clean up was not nearly as bad as the last one!

Now every time I leave her alone or she takes a nap I'm terrified of finding poop somewhere.  On Sunday when I put her down for a nap I went in her room twice to check on her because I could hear her talking to herself in her room.  When I went in the first time she was just laying in her bed and I scared her when I opened the door because she wasn't expecting me!  The second time I went in there she was again just laying in her bed and she told me to shut the door!  Luckily she eventually went to sleep and there were no poop incidents to report.  However on Tuesday we were not so lucky.

Tuesday night I heard Oscar pacing.  Since it was the middle of the night it didn't really register right away what might be happening.  Then my brain finally clicked on but it was too late.  I sat up and smelled it.  Deja vu.  I woke up Brian and he turned the light on to find 4 large piles of poop on a brand new rug we had just purchased the day before!  I'm beginning to think Oscar is trying to send me a message.  He has never done this before Keaton was born! 

To recap, in the last 10 weeks, both Lexi and Oscar have each had two poop incidents and Keaton's had one.  I'm sure Keaton has another one coming and I'm really just hoping it ends there!  When telling my Aunt Martha about the previous poop incidents she pointed out that Brian and I are the only ones in the house that haven't had a poop incident.  Let's hope it stays that way!

1 comment: