Not a ton in the way of updates for Keaton. He's getting bigger by the day but he's still so tiny next to Lexi! Just makes me really realize how much she's grown in the last two years. It's hard to believe she was that little and hard to believe he'll be that big in just a couple of years! He's finally fitting nicely into his 0-3 month clothes and I will probably be retiring all of his newborn clothes (he got a good 2 months out of them!). I think he'll be in the 0-3 month size for at least another couple of months. Some of them are super small and some of them are super big. Wish the manufacturers could all get together and come to an agreement on sizes!
Sleeping
He is still "sleeping" through the night, although I put sleeping in quotes because lately he's been fussing quite a bit through the night. This is primarily due to me no longer swaddling him, which I started on Sunday night. I just remember it was very difficult to break Alexa from the swaddling and I thought if I started sooner with Keaton it might not be as bad. I was wrong! First night not swaddled he fussed a little. Second night was the worst! Third night was a little better. Fourth night I gave in and loosely swaddled him and he slept through without a peep. I think I'm going to continue to loosely swaddle him at least for a little while. After all, he's still a tiny little baby and just doesn't have any control over those little arms of his!
Again on naps we have made little progress. He just does not like sleeping in his crib for naps! I don't swaddle him so that could be part of the problem. It's funny though because the last week Brian's parents have been watching him in the morning for a couple of hours while I go to the gym and he's been sleeping great over there! Granted he sleeps on his tummy in a big comfy bed over there though :-) He does seem to be sleeping a little longer stretches during his naps without waking up and crying (about 10 to 15 minutes whereas before he was crying every couple of minutes!) but we haven't had a nap yet where he slept the entire way without crying. I have 2 1/2 weeks before I go back to work so we are going to keep at it and hopefully he'll get the hang of it!
Feeding
He seems to be getting a little faster at eating his bottles, usually taking around a half hour instead of the previous 45 minutes to an hour. One thing he started this week with his nighttime bottle is stopping halfway through and just staring at me and smiling. It makes every frustration I had during the day just go away when he does this! He literally won't take a sip and will just sit there with the bottle resting in his mouth staring at me and smiling. I think he would do this for several minutes but eventually I look away so he can finish eating his bottle! One of those great Mommy moments!
Interaction
I can definitely tell he is becoming much more aware of his surroundings which makes it easier to entertain him when he's awake. He still prefers to be held most of the time but he will lay on his playmat for a few minutes and look at the lights and colorful toys. We also played in the playroom with Lexi the other night and he seemed to like looking at the toys and all the colors. I think he is starting to distinguish between people too. He's still happiest in the mornings and his favorite thing is when I kiss his checks and rub my nose against his! This usually will get a little laugh out of him. I can't wait because I know within the next month or so he'll be giggling!
Lexi Fun
Potty training has actually gone fairly well this week. She's been peeing as soon as she wakes up in the morning almost every day this week and every night before she goes to bed. We even got her to poop a tiny bit in the toilet twice! I won't be able to work on it that much tomorrow with her because Brian's gone and it's very difficult to deal with peeing and pooping in her underwear while also taking care of a 2 month old! We'll try our best though!
As usual Lexi continues to crack us up every night with her funny phrases and antics. Here's the latest:
"What the heck" - I am guilty of providing her with this phrase...but hey, it could be worse!
"Leave him alone" - She's told me a couple of times to leave Keaton alone. Protective much!
"Do it" - If she wants your help with something she will command you to "do it". She has also used this phrase if she wants you to do something that we've previously told her not to do. So for example, Lexi throws food on the floor for Oscar and Brian tells her no. She will then look to me, grab my hand and bring it towards the food and say "Do it Mommy." Like somehow it's okay if she uses my hand to commit the crime instead of hers!
"Rapunzel, Rapunzel, Rapunzel!" - Lexi is OBSESSED with movies and in particular the movie Tangled (as well as Toy Story). We've been letting her watch movies way too much but anyways the other night she was running around the house yelling "Rapunzel! Rapunzel! Rapunzel!" over and over again for probably a good 5 minutes!
"One little turtle" - So I mentioned above that Lexi pooped a tiny bit in the toilet and both times Brian said something about one little turd. She thought he was saying turtle so she comes out of the bathroom saying "Mommy, one little turtle."
"I love him!" - I don't know where she learns this stuff but the other night she was scolding me for playing with Keaton and she would get right in my face and tell me "Don't do it again." She did the same thing to Brian, only she grabbed his shirt like she was getting ready to knock him out! Then while she was scolding me she yelled "I love him!" in my face. It was so cute!
"Stupid head" - I seriously do not know where she picked this one up because it's definitely not anything Brian or I have ever said. I can't remember what happened to make her say this but the other night she said it about 5 times. We tried to tell her it was a bad thing to say as we're both dying to hold our laughter in!
"Hey cowboy" - This was a new one last night. Something she picked up from school maybe? It's so funny to hear her say this and the way she says it!
"You just painted?" - Last week I did some touch up paint (which included painting over the poop smeared walls in her room!) and when she got home that day she immediately put her hand on one of the walls going up the stairs. So I said to her "Oh no, don't put your hands on the walls, I just painted." Since then, every time we go up the stairs she says "You just painted?"
Counting - Lexi can count to 11. It goes like this: "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 8, 9, 10, 11" For some reason the 6 is always missing and she repeats 8, 9, 10, 11 after she reaches 11.
Week 9 Pics:


No comments:
Post a Comment